Memberships & Associations
We recognize the importance of engaging with and contributing to the professional community. This includes financial commitments via memberships and sponsorships, time commitments via volunteer service and participation, and body-of-knowledge commitments via research, conference presentations, journal articles, book chapters, and thought leadership. Through these contributions, we are proudly affiliated with the following organizations:
- American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association of Test Publishers (ATP)
- Conference on Test Security (COTS)
- Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)
- Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation (CLEAR)
- Customer Education Management Association (CEdMA)
- Information Technology Certification Council (ITCC)
- Institute for Credentialing Excellence (I.C.E.)
- National Association of Testing Professionals (NATP)
- National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME)
- The ESOP Association
- The National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO)
- The Performance Testing Council (PTC)
Compliance & Certification
Alpine takes threats to the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of our clients’ information seriously. Data privacy and protection are paramount to the services we provide. We are proud to have earned and maintained the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 27001:2013 and 27701:2019 certifications. This is important as we provide test development and psychometric services for over 85 organizations and process, under the direction of our clients, examination and credentialing data for tens of millions of candidates across the globe.
These ISO/IEC certifications are issued based on successful completion of formal audit processes conducted by A-lign, an independent certification body accredited by ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB). Click below to view our certificates or learn more here.
- Certificate-ISO 27001-2013-Alpine Testing Solutions-2023
- Certificate-ISO 27701-2019-Alpine Testing Solutions-2023
Alpine complies with the Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the International Trade Administration (ITA) within the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member states. Alpine certifies its adherence to Privacy Shield Principles for personal data received or collected by Alpine from individuals or organizations in the European Union member states and in connection with the delivery of certification, licensure, and other testing services. Alpine’s Privacy Shield certification can be found here. As a participant in the Privacy Shield Framework, Alpine is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). For more information about the Privacy Shield Principles, please click here.
Standards & Accreditation Support
Alpine works diligently with programs to discuss the different options available for a given test development activity based on each program’s specified constraints (e.g., small volume programs, global outreach). Alpine not only recommends appropriate actions and options, but helps programs be “accreditation-ready” by providing procedures with rationales for decisions and providing documented evidence of the work conducted. This includes but is not limited to why the work was conducted, how it was conducted, and the results and recommendations from the conducted work.
Alpine clients include:
- Organizations who have currently accredited programs (NCCA, ISO 17024, ICE 1100: 2019),
- Programs applying for accreditation,
- Programs potentially seeking accreditation in the future, and,
- Organizations that want the defensible documentation, rationales, and best practices sought by accrediting organizations, though they may not be pursuing accreditation currently.
All work conducted by Alpine follows the guidelines set forth by the AERA, APA, and NCME joint Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing. For programs actively seeking accreditation or maintaining accreditation, Alpine helps with analysis and helps programs review the psychometric aspects of their accreditation application(s) to verify compliance with the related professional/accreditation standards, including:
- Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (2014) jointly published by the American Educational Research Association (AERA), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME).
- Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs from the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA, 2021).
- Accreditation Program for Personnel Certification Bodies ISO/IEC 17024 under the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB).
- ACAP Standard for Assessment-Based Certificate Programs from the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE 1100: 2019).