Presented at the ATP Innovations in Testing 2022 In-Person & Virtual Conference
The “standard” item development process can be quite strenuous for subject matter experts (SMEs). The level of effort required to generate sufficient new items for a new exam, or for pretesting to attach to an existing exam, can be burdensome and may make SME recruiting and retention quite challenging. High quality SMEs may be unable to participate at all in the item development process due to the high level of time and effort required. What if there was a way to reduce the barriers to entry for busy SMEs, and reduce the overall time and effort required to participate in item writing?
Using the knowledge and experience gained through crowdsourced item writing for an NVIDIA program, panelists will discuss considerations relating to the following questions:
- What are the best use cases for engaging in this type of item generation model?
- How can you reduce barriers to increase wider SME participation?
- What operational aspects must you consider before implementing crowdsourced item writing?
- How do crowdsourced items’ quality compare to items development in a more “standard” fashion?
- How can you manage the security of your items?
To learn more about the ATP Innovations in Testing 2022 In-Person & Virtual Conference, click here.
To view the slides from this session, click the button below: