Credentialing organizations regularly rely on psychometricians and subject matter experts when determining exam cut scores. However, it is important to keep in mind that standard setting is ultimately a policy decision. Although policymakers or other organizational leaders often have the final say on a test’s cut score, they sometimes lack the background and training to make a fully informed, psychometrically sound decision.
This webinar will educate attendees about a systematic, multi-tiered, standard setting framework that will help policymakers and other leaders integrate a broader range of considerations into their decision-making process while still honoring the experience, expertise, and judgment of subject matter experts.
• Brett Foley, Ph.D., Director of Professional Credentialing and Senior Psychometrician
• Corina Owens, Ph.D., Psychometrician
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- 2:30 pm – 3:30pm EST
- To watch the recording from the session, click here
- To view the slides from the presentation, click the link below