- Location: Virtual Office, U.S.
- Opening Date: November 9, 2021
- Closing Date: TBD
- Reporting to: Manager, Test Development
- Status: Full-time, Salary
The Full-time Test Development Professional is responsible for facilitating test development, validation, and related functions (e.g., item review, editing, quality control) for constructed and/or selected response test development activities. The successful applicant will also contribute to methodology; process design and improvement; and other internal initiatives as needed. This role requires up to 50% travel, including some weekends
- Create, contribute to, and review materials for test development activities
- Facilitate in-person and virtual test development activities including:
- Job task, practice, or domain analysis
- Blueprint development
- Content development, including selected response and constructed response items
- Content validation, alignment, and judgmental bias review activities
- Standard setting workshops (e.g., Angoff, Hofstee, Bookmark, Contrasting Groups)
- Other workshops or meetings (e.g., assessment literacy, focus groups)
- Create, contribute to, and review technical reports of completed work
- Contribute to scoping and analysis of SOW
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Lead or assist in disseminating completed work to clients through presentations or Q&A
- Contribute to design and execution of quality control activities
- Participate in and contribute to project retrospectives
- Communicate issues or concerns about potential scope creep to PM
- Recognize and escalate upsell opportunities to PM, Psychometric Lead, and/or BDM
- Identify and pursue opportunities to partner with clients on presentations at industry conferences
- Effectively identify internal and external client needs and communicate solutions through clear and concise written and verbal modes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent presentation skills (in-person and virtual)
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a virtual environment (e.g., self-starter, disciplined, troubleshooting)
- Up to 50%
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional experience working as a facilitator, teacher, educator, or trainer
- 1-3 years of experience in the testing industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive. We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.