- Location: Virtual Office, U.S.
- Opening Date: December 28, 2020
- Closing Date: TBD
- Reporting to: President/CEO
- Status: Full-time, Salary
The senior controller position is responsible for the company’s accounting and financial operations, risk management, and other general and administrative operations as requested by the President/CEO. Accounting and financial operations include implementation of a financial and accounting strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Develop, document, and oversee accounting and payroll policies, procedures, systems and operations
- Perform accounting and payroll operations as needed
- Manage production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Develop, document, monitor, and report on financial controls
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure operational performance
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Issue timely and complete financial statements that comply with GAAP
- Report financial results to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate and oversee the issuance of all financial information, including:
- information provided to external auditors
- information provided to external tax accountants
- information provided to external ESOP support services
- information provided to shareholders
- Contribute to the development of financial and tax strategies
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Provide ad-hoc financial analyses, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Maintain and oversee the company’s risk management plan
- Manage the preparation of the corporate annual report
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem resolution skills
- Deep understanding of GAAP
- Familiarity with risk management in a business setting
- Ability to translate strategy and goals into metrics and controls
- Ability to work well with diverse teams
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment (e.g., discipline, time management)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible and related experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and/or the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations, a working knowledge of NetSuite accounting software package, familiarity with Intuit QuickBooks accounting software package, and experience coordinating and overseeing external audits and valuations.
- Up to 10% Travel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
- Our Vision:
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
- Our Mission:
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
- Our Culture:
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive. We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.