- Location: Virtual Office, U.S.
- Reporting to: VP, Client Solutions
- Status: Full-time, Salary
The Psychometrician consults with clients to design, plan, conduct, and document test development practices that align with professional standards and industry best practices. The Psychometrician designs, conducts and documents analyses supporting test development and the interpretation and use of test scores.
- Consult with client and effectively identify needs and describe solutions through clear and concise written and verbal communications
- Standardize, find efficiencies for, and develop infrastructure in support of, and accurately scope exam development and maintenance activities, analyses, and security offerings for proposals and statements of work
- Support and review the products/deliverables of test development, maintenance, and security processes, including program design, test design, domain analysis, test content review and development, blueprint development, test form assembly, and standard setting
- Design, conduct, interpret, review, and ensure quality of completed work
- Clearly communicate the results of psychometric analyses to diverse audiences through written and oral reports
- Facilitate workshops (e.g., program design, practice analysis, blueprint, standard setting)
- Identify and pursue opportunities to partner with clients on research, publications, or presentations
- Conduct or assist with validation studies (e.g., ad hoc research)
- Excellent collaboration, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Excellent critical, strategic, analytical thinking, and problem resolution skills
- Excellent relationship-building and sales skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead, manage, and work effectively in a virtual environment
- Ability to work well in and across diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Azure products
- PhD in a measurement related field required
- 3-5 years of experience working with internal and external clients, stakeholders, and policymakers
- Extensive knowledge and experience in measurement
- Up to 25% travel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
- Our Vision:
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
- Our Mission:
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
- Our Culture:
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive. We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.