- Location: Virtual Office, U.S.
- Opening Date: March 17, 2022
- Reporting to: Manager, Psychometrics and Data Operations
- Status: Full-time, Salary
The Psychometrician consults with clients to design, plan, conduct, and document test development practices that align with professional standards and industry best practices. The Psychometrician designs, conducts and documents analyses supporting test development and the interpretation and use of test scores. The Psychometrician collaborates with internal team members to provide these services primarily to IT certification or professional credentialing/licensure testing programs.
- Consult with client and effectively identify needs and describe solutions through clear and concise written and verbal communications
- Standardize, find efficiencies for and develop infrastructure in support of, and accurately scope exam development and maintenance activities, analyses, and security offerings for proposals and statements of work
- Support and review the products/deliverables of test development, maintenance, and security processes, including; program design, test design, domain analysis, test content review and development, blueprint development, test form assembly, and standard setting
- Design, conduct, interpret, review and ensure quality of completed work
- Clearly communicate the results of psychometric analyses to diverse audiences through written and oral reports
- Facilitate workshops (e.g., program design, practice analysis, blueprint, standard setting)
- Identify and pursue opportunities to partner with clients on research, publications, or presentations
- Conduct or assist with validation studies (e.g., ad hoc research)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Training in classical test theory, item response theory, scaling, and equating
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of Winsteps
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with diverse teams
- Time management skills
- Ability to work in a virtual environment (e.g., self-starter, disciplined, troubleshooting)
- Up to 50% (i.e., averaging up to 10 days per month)
Requirement Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Psychometrics, Educational Psychology, or closely related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of psychometric experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience with SAS, SPSS, Biolog, Parscale, R, and/or other analysis software
- 1-3 years of experience working with credentialing programs
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working with Visual Basic macros
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
- Our Vision:
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
- Our Mission:
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
- Our Culture:
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive. We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.