Alpine Testing Solutions is seeking an advanced graduate student to work with our product and service management team for an 8-week psychometric internship during the summer of 2023.
The successful candidate will work virtually with a mentor on a focused research project for the duration of the 8 weeks. The work will primarily occur in June and July; however, the exact dates can be determined in collaboration with the successful candidate. The position requires 40 hours a week, during business hours, for the internship duration. Total compensation for this opportunity is $9,600.
Alpine is hoping to provide an opportunity for applied research with the successful candidate gaining exposure to the realities of psychometric consulting to inform the applicability of the work completed throughout the summer. While the details of the research project will be determined closer to the internship dates, likely topics are advanced security analyses, integrated standard setting methodologies, and/or development of AI-based tools to support test development. The successful candidate will work with their assigned mentor to negotiate the specific research goals and related work for the research project. Throughout the summer, the intern will be expected to meet regularly with their mentor to provide progress updates and work collaboratively on the project. At the conclusion of the internship, ideally the project will result in conference presentation proposals and/or journal submissions.
- Two years of completed coursework and active enrollment in a Ph.D. program in educational measurement, psychometrics, I/O psychology, or related field
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with various analysis software related to the research project such as R, Winsteps/Facets, IRTPro
- Familiarity with artificial intelligence algorithms and/or coding languages preferred
About Alpine Testing Solutions, Inc.
Alpine is a unique and innovative company as compared to other companies in the industry for several reasons:
- Alpine’s focus is on providing custom psychometric solutions to our clients rather than applying a standard solution. This allows our team to be innovative in the solutions we provide our clients.
- As a relatively small company with fewer than 75 employees, we do not have the organizational complexities experienced in a large corporation; however, 20% of Alpine’s staff are Ph.D.-level psychometricians, so we have a great deal of expertise and depth of knowledge on staff benefiting both our clients as well as our fellow team members.
- Our psychometric team provides services across a wide range of industries including professional credentialing, IT credentialing, and education.
- We are completely virtual, meaning that all employees work from home.
- We are 100% employee owned so staff are literally invested in the company.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a curriculum vitae as well as a letter of interest in the below form by March 1, 2023.