- Location: Virtual Office, U.S.
- Opening Date: December 2020
- Closing Date: TBD
- Reporting to: VP, Technology Solutions
- Status: Full-time, Salary
- Provide support for internal application and systems.
- Work closely with the Software Architects, Software Developers and Product Owner to support Alpine’s web applications and system infrastructure including managing SQL Servers, IIS and integrations with product-specific applications.
- Ensure product environment is always operational, optimized and monitored.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot infrastructure concerns and issues within a multi-tenant environment.
- Proactively identify and implement new ways to improve application and infrastructure performance.
- Manage key infrastructure processes such as data backup and log monitoring.
- Design and build backend integrations using various integration tools, including SQL and PowerShell.
- Work with technical resources to securely setup and manage APIs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiar with hosting Net Framework, IIS, and SQL Server
- Familiar with data encryption and security best practices
- DNS management
- Familiar with cloud hosting
- Continual improvement focused
- Load balancing skills
- Load testing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a virtual environment (e.g., self-starter, disciplined, troubleshooting)
- 3-5 years of DevOps experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT, or 1-2 years additional experience
- Up to 10% Travel
- Working knowledge of Angular or similar web development experience
- Regression, unit, or other code testing methodologies
- Experience in the testing industry
- Comfortable working with client representatives (technical and non-technical)
- Experience working effectively in a virtual team
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
- Our Vision:
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
- Our Mission:
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
- Our Culture:
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive. We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.