- Location: Virtual Office, U.S.
- Opening Date: August 31, 2021
- Closing Date: TBD
- Reporting to: Manager, CertMetrics Data & Tools
- Status: Full-time, Salary
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Leverage and integrate technology components into an overall solution architecture in support of business requirements.
- Create solutions using multiple platforms and/or with multiple methodologies.
- Architect data solutions for internal and client projects that integrate with existing systems and processes.
- Present and consult on complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Lead and provide direction to team members including technical vision, architecture, and design.
- Design and configure solutions that adhere to regulatory compliance and governance and enforce data quality and security.
- Optimize solutions for cost and performance.
- Develop and/or lead the development of prototypes.
- Pull and interpret data; tie findings with business judgment to drive actionable outcome.
- Perform and/or advise on complex data migrations.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and diagrams for both technical and non-technical resources regarding complex systems and solutions.
- Participate in and contribute to project retrospectives.
- Provide mentorship to develop other staff members.
- Effectively communicate with client contacts and project managers to create project specifications and success criteria.
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL (T-SQL)
- Excellent comprehension of file encodings and character sets
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell
- Experience working with Microsoft .Net frameworks
- Experience with MS Excel
- Experience with Postgres
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Consistent and detail-oriented
- Effectively work as a member of a high performing team
- Ability to work in a virtual environment (e.g., self-starter, disciplined, troubleshooting)
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Up to 10%
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working on data related projects in a developer capacity
Preferred Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of Angular or similar web development experience
- Regression, unit, or other code testing methodologies
- Education & testing industry experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive. We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.