- Location: Virtual Office, U.S.
- Opening Date: July 13, 2021
- Closing Date: TBD
- Reporting to: VP of Business Development
- Status: Full-time, Salary
- Draft and implement sales policies and processes that align with the company’s overall business plan.
- Understand the market, the industry, and the competition and use that understanding to represent Alpine’s solutions and offerings.
- Generate new clients and grow existing client sales within scope of the strategic business plan.
- Prospect for and establish new clients.
- Identify and close new opportunities to sell existing lines of business.
- Collaborate with Program Managers (PM) to retain and grow existing clients.
- Identify and close opportunities to sell additional existing lines of business.
- Perform account planning and monitoring to maintain/grow the business relationship with existing clients.
- Prospect for and establish new clients.
- Identify additional lines of business that would be of value.
- In collaboration with VP of Business Development, support, help maintain, and foster new business relationships with organizations that compliment Alpine’s competencies.
- Vet new and existing client opportunities with appropriate operational staff.
- Lead formal and informal proposal/SOW development and presentations for new and existing clients (e.g., create a proposal development schedule; establish pricing/budget; coordinate staff to meet additional requests [e.g., Q&A, best-and-final offer, interviews, presentations]).
- Perform/Manage follow-up sales activities to close new client and existing client opportunities.
- Negotiate with existing and prospective clients to ensure terms that are acceptable to Alpine.
- Initiate, drive, and coordinate post-sales contracts and agreements in collaboration with President/CEO, Vice President of Technology, and legal counsel.
- Liaison between Alpine accounting and client/vendor to create client/vendor accounts (e.g., client accounts for invoicing, vendor accounts if contract includes subcontractors).
- Lead project implementation kickoff and ensure proper knowledge transfer to operational staff the expectations of clients and Alpine’s contractual obligations.
- Build and maintain revenue pipeline.
- Create budget projections for existing and prospective clients.
- Review and approve invoices and related documentation prepared by PMs.
- Collaborate with Vice President and President/CEO on pipeline projections.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with diverse teams
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment (e.g., discipline, self-starter, flexible, troubleshooting)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Up to 50% travel
- 5-7 year of sales experience
- Experience in the credentialing industry
- Experience with NetSuite, OpenAir, and Smartsheet
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive. We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.