- Location: Virtual Office, U.S.
- Opening Date: January 4, 2023
- Closing Date: TBD
- Reporting to: VP, Business Development
- Status: Full-time, Salary
The Business Development Manager reports to the Vice President, Business Development and is responsible for generating leads that result in new and profitable business opportunities for the organization. The position is part of the business development team that is accountable for business development and revenue strategy and operations, sales, outbound and inbound marketing, and sales/reseller partnerships.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Generate profitable revenue within scope of the strategic business plan
- Prospect for and establish new clients.
- Retain and grow business with existing clients
- Maintain and report on sales pipeline
- Accountable for the sales process from opportunity to close, including:
- Identify and vet opportunities
- Nurture and build relationships with leads, prospects, and clients
- Contribute to formal and informal proposal/SOW development and presentations
- Lead follow-up sales activities to close the opportunity
- Collaborate with internal staff to onboard new clients
- Negotiate terms that are acceptable to Alpine
- Initiate and drive contracts/agreements
- Lead project implementation kickoff meeting and ensure proper knowledge transfer of the contractual obligations and client expectations
- Promote Alpine through participation in industry organizations and events
- Identify, vet, and develop business relationships/partnerships
- Understand the market, the industry, and the competition and use that understanding to predict and respond to change
- Identify/propose new lines of business or offerings of value to the marketplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong relationship management skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in diverse teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a virtual environment (e.g., self-starter, disciplined, troubleshooting)
- Up to 33% travel, including some weekends
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of sales or sales related experience
Preferred Education & Experience
- 3+ years sales experience in credentialing or educational measurement
- 5+ years’ experience in the credentialing or educational measurement industry
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Smartsheet
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
- Our Vision:
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
- Our Mission:
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
- Our Culture:
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive. We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.