Alpine’s psychometricians are adept at designing and performing analyses using Classical Test Theory, Item Response Theory, and Rasch to support the validity of test uses, reliability of test scores, and fairness for test takers.
Our staff has the expertise to work with data derived from:
- selected and/or constructed response items (e.g., ‘traditional’ and ‘innovative’ item types, scenario and case study items, simulations, and labs);
- dichotomous and/or polytomous scoring models; and,
- diverse administration models (e.g., on-demand and windowed, fixed-form, computer adaptive, linear-on-the-fly, testlets).
Examples of analyses performed include:
- item and option analyses
- test analyses
- security analyses (a.k.a. data forensics)
- forms assembly
- reliability analyses
- equating and scaling
- standard setting analyses
- survey analyses (e.g.,job-task analysis)